Before the appointment where Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen (laughing gas) will be used with local anesthesia
Preparing for the use of Mild Oral Sedation
- For this procedure, your child should have nothing to eat or drink after midnight. They should arrive to the office on an empty stomach or the appointment will need to be canceled. Please review the attached form for more specific instructions related to this procedure.
- If your child feels sick within 2 days of the appointment please contact our office. We may need to reschedule the appointment depending on the situation.
- We will help send the necessary paperwork to your pediatrician; sometimes the pediatrician may want to see your child for an exam if it has been a long time since their last visit.
- We require 48 buisness hours notice to cancel any appointments.
- A legal guardian must be present with patient day of procedure. If other arrangements are being made, please inform our staff in advance. Consent from a legal guardian is required.
- The office must be able to contact you 24 hours prior to your procedure. If we are unable to speak with you, and sedation appointment has not been confirmed, the appointment will be cancelled.